Sessions begin quarterly
Learn UX/UI in 24 Weeks
In today’s technology-driven world, phrases like “responsive design” and “user-friendly interface” have become increasingly important across industries. It’s no surprise that User Experience Researcher and UI Designer are among the top 100 best jobs in America with a projected growth rate of 19% and 27% respectively.*
Now more than ever, companies need innovative thinkers with the ability to transform their businesses through optimized interfaces and seamless user experiences.
- Maintain your work or college schedule by studying part-time, only three days a week, with convenient evening hours.
- Apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.
- Tap into our wide range of career-planning services to help you succeed in the field.
What Students Receive
- Through immersive instruction and complex projects, participants learn both the theory and tools used by modern designers, employing user-centered design and creative tools to build compelling designs and user experiences.
- Individuals gain access to a tutor network, allowing them to get help both inside and outside the classroom.
- Students are equipped with the technical skills needed to be competitive in the fields of user experience research and user interface design.
- Those working to change career paths receive extensive career-planning assistance, including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, 1:1 career coaching, soft skills training, and more.
- Participants will also gain industry insights through Tech Talks—quarterly online panels with local industry professionals.
- Students will receive a Notice of Completion from UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education showcasing their accomplishments to future employers.
User-Centric Design Research:
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research Practices
- Information Architecture and Flow
- User Need Identification
- User Experience Interviewing
- Persona Creation
- Insight Synthesis
Visual Prototyping and Wireframing:
- Adobe XD
- Google Slides
- Decision Mapping
- Decision Flow Diagrams
User Interface Development:
- Atomic Design
- UI Grids and Composition
- Color Theory
- Heuristic Evaluation
- Interaction Design and Iconography
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Frequently Asked Questions
UC Davis UX/UI Boot Camp is being held via our tried and tested virtual classroom experience. Call us at (530) 237-0991 for more information on how to apply, or visit our Online Experience page to learn more.
While some background in UX/UI is helpful, no experience is needed as long as you are dedicated and eager to learn.
No, applicants do not need to be UC Davis students. UC Davis UX/UI Boot Camp is offered through the UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.
- 24-week program
- Sessions held three weekdays from 6:30-9:30 p.m.
» Coding Part-Time 9/6/22
» Data Analytics Part-Time 9/6/22
» Cybersecurity Part-Time 8/22/22
» Digital Marketing Part-Time 10/17/22
» UX/UI Part-Time 10/17/22